Sunday, November 14, 2010

reviews on The Walking Company Store in Seattle


Photo of Larry B.

0
23
Seattle, WA
5 star rating
6/1/2010
I bought a pair of The Walking Company's best orthotics a year ago. But after a year, they began cracking at the center. I phoned them and they asked me to bring them in, even though the 6 month warranty had expired. We concluded that they cracked because I was using them in jazz sneakers, which have a split sole, and they were being stressed farther than they were designed for. So the manager replaced them with a new pair of Sports orthotics for free AND gave me a refund for the balance. How cool is that! He said they should hold up better under greater stress. I actually like the feel of the Sports version more, even though it's less cushioning. Too bad there's not a 5+ rating for above and beyond great service. I also bought a pair of Dansko clogs from them a few years ago. Great shoes. They're finally wearing out but I got more than my money's worth.
Was this review …?

Photo of Katie O.

15
97
Seattle, WA
4 star rating
12/11/2009
The shoe selection was a tad smaller than I was expecting, but the customer service was stellar.

My s.o. and I decided to pick up some walking shoes for our next vacation.  We wanted something nice, but comfortable.  After getting our feet scanned, we realized my s.o. just needed orthodics (due to a freakishly high arch).  This means $$$s saved.  I found a pair of dress casual shoes that feel just as comfortable as my atheletic shoes for a reasonable price ($100... I had budgeted around $200)

As the other reviews said, you can find more selection elsewhere (and perhaps better prices).  But given their return policy, and customer service, I'd probably go her again.
Was this review …?

Photo of terrell m.
157
441
Seattle, WA
2 star rating
12/16/2006
The Walking Company sounds like an awesome place to shop for walking shoes or walking accessories, like canes and fanny packs ;).

Here's how I'd picture the place: row upon row of shoes for walking in all types of terrain. They'd have shoes for walking fast, shoes for urban strolling, shoes for walking in nature...you get the picture. Then, they'd have a little makeshift cobblestone path, in case you plan on walking in Italy or Boston. They'd have some gravelly asphalt to walk on as well as dirt paths and slippery wet sidewalk (for Seattle walking).

But NO! Their store isn't even remotely like that. They don't have a huge selection of shoes, like one would think. Last time I was there, I walked into the store and basically said, "I need to replace these tennis shoes and find something comfortable yet  more stylish to walk around the city in."

Guess how many options the guy came up with? ONE. Only one shoe fit that description. Then, I asked to try on some mary jane clogs just for fun. I said, "My birthday is coming up and I really, really want these." Perfect opportunity to sell me the shoes. Seriously, I loved them so much it wouldn't have taken much arm-twisting to get me to buy them that day. But, the sales guy just said, "Well, I hope someone gets them for you."

Yeah.

So, the next time I need some walking shoes, guess where I'm not going?
Was this review …?

Photo of Charlie G.

3
29
Seattle, WA
5 star rating
4/1/2008
This is the kind of return policy I like!  After trying on 14 different kinds of shoes, I finally settled on a pair and wore them out of the store.  After wearing them for about a week, I decided they were not what I was looking for and took them back.  The friendly sales assistant (Rick?) gave me my money back, no questions asked.

The staff is helpful and patient - they let me march around the store in different pairs of shoes for almost two hours while I tried to find the perfect fit.  I now have a replacement pair that I'm very happy with - as soon as they wear out, I'll be headed back to the Walking Company for another purchase!
Was this review …?

Photo of Steven G.

3
6
Seattle, WA
4 star rating
9/16/2008
I agree with both reviewers below: the store doesn't have a varied selection but its return policy rocks.  I bought a pair of light-weight Born shoes there, wore them around town & on some urban hiking trails, and after 7 months the leather along one of the seams on the heal ripped.  With my 7-month-old credit-card statement in hand I walked into the store, showed them the bad shoe, and 8 minutes later walked out of the store with a nearly-complete refund.  Yes, the staff - lead by their manager (whose name currently escapes me) - is professional and patient.

If you want a selection of shoes for every type of walking you can imagine, try shopping online.  If you want varied terrain on which to try the shoes, try REI.  But if you're looking for simple quality (European-style) walking shoes and great customer service, this is a worthy destination.
Was this review …?

Renton, WA
4 star rating
12/14/2009
these guys know their shoes.  as soon as i walked in, i was greeted and asked what i was looking for, i told them that i worked in a restaurant and that i was looking for something with good slip resistance.  they obviously had this request before since they knew exactly which shoes to show me. and to size me up they had this awesome computerized shoe measuring device.  you stand on it and not only does it tell you your length, but it tells you the size of your arch and your weight distribution, pretty cool stuff.  the down side, they only had 2 shoes to show me, the first one was kinda feminine looking but comfortable nontheless, the 2nd was less formal looking but my god was it comfortable! it didn't have the proper arch for me, but they had quite the variety of soles that add extra arch support, the shoes plus the extra shoe soles cost me the prettiest penny in my pocket! but...worth it

so to sum that up, amazing customer service, not the best selection, and it was a little pricey, but hey, i'm happy with my shoes :)
Was this review …?

Photo of amanda J.

4
23
Kirkland, WA
5 star rating
12/19/2008
The staff is great, They will be honest about the shoes and make sure that they fit your feet properly.  The staff is patient and helpful. they could have stated that the ugg boots were great for now and comfort. But, instead were honest, yes they are popular, very comfy but not great tread for snow and ice.  I did walk out with some amazing Ugg slippers that I love.  I will be back for more shoes.
Was this review …?





Well, as far as the reviews above are concerned, not all costumers find a good array of selection from the Walking Company shoes. But one thing is for sure, the store has a great costumer service - with a patient and cool staff and manager! Also, the Walking Company in Seattle has a rockin' return policy.

reviews are from yelp.com

    No comments:

    Post a Comment